Ticats sign Adeleke to two-year extension
HAMILTON — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday the football club has re-signed national defensive back Tunde Adeleke to a two-year contract.
Adeleke, 24, started 15 games at safety and suited up in 18 games overall in his first season with the Tiger-Cats in 2019, setting career highs in defensive tackles (52), total tackles (57) and interceptions (2).
The 5-foot-10, 208-pound defensive back added two pass knockdowns and one tackle for loss on the season, earning CFL and East Division All-Star honours for the first time in his career.
Adeleke, who was born in Lagos, Nigeria but grew up in Ottawa, Ontario, has appeared in 48 games with 30 starts over his three-year CFL career with the Calgary Stampeders (2017-18) and Tiger-Cats (2019), registering 97 defensive tackles, two sacks, two interceptions, five pass knockdowns, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries – one of which he returned 20 yards for a touchdown. In addition, he has been a regular contributor on special teams, posting 29 special teams tackles, 27 punt returns for 358 yards and two touchdowns, and six kickoff returns for 119 yards.
The Carleton University product has also suited up in six playoff games in his career, including three consecutive Grey Cup games, and was part of the Stampeders championship team in 2018.
More on this: 807 stories
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats re-sign backup QB David Watford
- Standout defensive back Aaron Grymes re-signs with B.C. Lions
- Report: Bears land top CFL free agent Tre Roberson
- Quarterback Matt Nichols flying to Toronto for visit with Argos
- British LB Izinyon on CFL Combine invite: 'It still feels like I'm in a dream'
- Adams ready to take next step as a leader for Als
- O'Leary: Collaros' wild story adds its latest chapter
- Bombers release quarterback Matt Nichols
- Quarterback Vernon Adams Jr signs contract extension with Montreal Alouettes
- Edmonton Eskimos sign returner Christion Jones to contact extension
- Key dates to circle on your calendar in 2020
- Bombers sign quarterback Zach Collaros to contract extension through 2021
- Bombers sign Collaros to two-year extension
- Grading the day-one signings from last year's free agent frenzy
- O'Brien Excited For Transition Into Coaching
- Bombers re-sign Collaros to two-year deal
- RIDERS ANNOUNCE 2020 COACHING STAFF
- Steinberg's MMQB: Building around a heart and soul
- Global Combines offer optimism for future of international football
- Germans Sven Breidenbach and Niklas Liesen headed to CFL combine
- Sehr gut: German OL Sven Breidenbach, LB Niklas Liesen invited to CFL combine
- British LB David Izinyon gets Toronto combine invite
- Brit baller: linebacker David Izinyon invited to CFL combine
- Italian DL Lorenzo Dalle Piagee earns invite to CFL combine in Toronto
- Canadian Content: Ranking the National free agents