Eskimos vs. Roughriders Prediction: CFL Week 21 Point Spread, Odds
November 02, 2019, 4:00 PM ET | Mosaic Stadium
This game promises to be the game of the week on this, the final week of the CFL regular season. Nothing on the line for the Eskimos except momentum heading to the post season, but for the Roughriders, a completely different story. Saskatchewan needs a win or tie to clinch first place, and a bye in the West division, something they haven’t done in a decade.
CFL Odds and BettingThe Roughriders have been lights out on home field this season with a 7-1 record.
Last season the two teams split the season series, each winning on home field, with both games going under the total. In fact, these two teams have played four out of the last five games to the under dating back to November of 2017.
The Roughriders are 5-0 against the spread in their last five games overall.
The Eskimos are all kinds of cold entering this game going 1-5 ATS in their last six games played against West division opponents.
Head to head the Roughriders hold the edge going 6-2 ATS in their last eight meetings with the Eskimos.
The Eskimos already have the playoff cross-over position clinched and will meet the Alouettes in Montreal in the East division semi-final.
Now the biggest obstacle of the week is trying to get into the mind of Head Coach Jason Maas. Who will Maas start in key positions with nothing to technically play for?
The team was excited to see Trevor Harris back quarterbacking the team after sitting out with an injury since September 7th. Harris threw for 321 yards and a touchdown (also two interceptions) and had the Eskimos up 17-7 at halftime. But in the second half the team couldn’t move the ball and were outscored 20-7 resulting in a 27-24 loss.
Defender Javon Santos-Knox had eight tackles and a sack in the loss to the Riders.
After a 1-3 start to the season, and plenty of questions, the Roughriders have won 11-of-13 entering this game with the Eskimos with a lot on the line.
It’s pretty simple for the Roughriders, a win or a tie against the Eskimos means a first place bye and hosting the West final. They can also host the final with a Stampeders loss on Saturday versus the Lions.
Cody Fajardo has been quite the story this 2019 season, and it’s not over just yet. Last Saturday night’s win over the Eskimos was just another example of why we might be calling Fajardo this year’s CFL MOP. For the fourth time this season, Fajardo lead the Roughriders to a come from behind victory throwing for 429 yards in the win. His 4302 yards passing is tops in the CFL, and 10 rushing touchdowns is fourth in the league. He also has 18 passing touchdowns which puts him fifth in the league. Fajardo is the first Roughriders Quarterback to lead Saskatchewan to a 12-win season since 2008.
If the Roughriders win this game they will clinch first place in the West for the first time since 2009, and only the second time in the last 43 years.
Who Will Win Eskimos vs. Roughriders?
More on this: 15 stories
- Alouettes vs. RedBlacks Prediction: CFL Week 21 Point Spread, Odds
- Roughriders vs. Eskimos Prediction: CFL Week 20 Point Spread, Odds
- CFL Week 19 Odds, Preview and Picks
- CFL Week 19 Odds, Preview and Picks
- CFL Week 18 Odds, Preview and Picks
- CFL Week 16 Odds, Preview and Picks
- Toronto Argonauts vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 15 Odds, Preview and Picks
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Toronto Argonauts vs. Montreal Alouettes CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Ottawa Redblacks CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 11 Odds, Preview and Picks
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Montreal Alouettes CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. BC Lions CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction