Riders can clinch playoff spot with win against Argos
The Saskatchewan Roughriders path to a playoff spot is simple: beat the Argos and the Riders are in.
The green and white are trying to make the Grey Cup tournament for a third straight year after missing out in 2015 and 2016.
Montreal and Edmonton have other factors included in their equation to secure a post-season ticket.
The Alouettes have failed to play sudden death football four seasons in a row, the longest streak in franchise history.
Meanwhile, the Eskimos are on the cusp of returning to the playoffs after missing last year when Mike Reilly was at the helm. It will be five of the last six campaigns if Edmonton makes the post-season.
Week 16 playoff scenarios:
Montreal win or tie combined with Toronto and Ottawa losses = Montreal secures a playoff berth
Saskatchewan win = Saskatchewan secures a playoff berth
Edmonton win and a B.C. Loss = B.C. eliminated from post-season contention
It’s highly likely the fourth place team in the West crosses over in to the East.
If the fourth-place team in division A has more points than the third-place team in division B (they cannot be tied), it will cross over and take the place of the third-place team in division B. The team which crossed over will then complete against the second-place team in division B.
More on this: 982 stories
- Zach Collaros takes all first-team reps at Winnipeg Blue Bombers practice
- EVANS AND SUTTON NAMED CFL TOP PERFORMERS FOR WEEK 19
- Stamps sign Dexter McCoil to practice roster
- The Weekly Say: Should the Bombers start Collaros?
- Harris Ready To Return To Action
- BEGELTON HONOURED AGAIN BY CFL
- Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers 10/25/19
- Saskatchewan Roughriders sign Cody Fajardo to two-year contract extension
- Eskimos quarterback Harris back in the saddle for home stretch
- Quarterback Cody Fajardo signs contract extension with Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Playoff Scenarios: Stamps can clinch home playoff game
- Ticats taking it slow with receiver Luke Tasker because they can
- Mitchell, Stamps not taking anything for granted down the stretch
- CFL TV viewers voted: #UnwatchaBowl really was unwatchable
- BOMBSHELLS: Will McGuire be next man up if Streveler can't go in rematch with Stampeders?
- Bombers are now Grey Cup long shots after loss in Calgary and O'Shea's on the hot seat
- MAJOR PROBLEM: These Redblacks can't score touchdowns
- Calgary Stampeders down Blue Winnipeg Bombers in divisional battle
- Banks powers Tiger-Cats to record 13th win with defeat of Redblacks
- Tiger-Cats defeat Redblacks to register club-record 13th victory
- TICATS SET FRANCHISE RECORD FOR MOST WINS IN ONE SEASON WITH 13
- Irresponsibility rears head in Bombers' loss to Stampeders (& eight other thoughts)
- Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders outlast Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Bombers battle hard but can't find way to upend Stampeders in Calgary shootout
- Bombers' O'Shea sticks to word and uses McGuire over Collaros after Streveler goes down