Toronto Argonauts vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
The Calgary Stampeders and Toronto Argonauts meet Friday in CFL action at BMO Field.
The Calgary Stampeders look to stay hot after winning six of their last eight games. The Calgary Stampeders have won three of their last five road games. Bo Levi Mitchell is completing 63 percent of his passes for 1,386 yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions. Nick Arbuckle and Levi Mitchell have combined 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Reggie Begelton and Eric Rogers have combined for 1,714 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns while Markeith Ambles has 35 receptions. The Calgary Stampeders ground game is averaging 78.8 yards per contest, and Ka'Deem Carey leads the way with 413 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, Calgary is allowing 22 points and 359.2 yards per game. Cory Greenwood leads the Calgary Stampeders with 79 tackles, Cordarro Law has eight sacks and Tre Roberson has seven interceptions.
The Toronto Argonauts have a chance to win back-to-back games for the first time this season. The Toronto Argonauts have lost four of their last six home games. McLeod Bethel-Thompson is completing 66.4 percent of his passes for 3,004 yards, 19 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Bethel-Thompson has two or more touchdown passes in seven of his last eight games. Derel Walker and SJ Green have combined for 1,553 receiving yards and seven touchdowns while Armanti Edwards has 37 receptions. The Toronto Argonauts ground game is averaging 72.5 yards per contest, and James Wilder Jr. leads the way with 219 yards and one touchdown. Defensively, Toronto is allowing 33.2 points and 453.6 yards per game. Abdul Kanneh leads the Toronto Argonauts with 49 tackles, Cleyon Laing has five sacks and Alden Darby has three interceptions.
The Stampeders are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Friday games, 1-5 ATS vs. a team with a losing record and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in September. The Argonauts are 7-22 ATS in their last 29 Friday games, 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a bye week and 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall. The Stampeders are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Toronto and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings. The over is 4-1 in Argonauts last 5 games overall. The under is 7-3 in Stampeders last 10 games overall.
The Toronto Argonauts are coming off a bye, but they don't play well at home where they lose by an average of 14.2 points and have lost four of their last six. The Calgary Stampeders are a different team with Levi Mitchell at quarterback, and they're winning their last three games by an average of 11 points. The Stampeders have won nine of the last 10 meetings against the Argonauts, and eight of those wins were decided by double digits. I'll eat the touchdown with the road team.
More on this: 982 stories
- Zach Collaros takes all first-team reps at Winnipeg Blue Bombers practice
- EVANS AND SUTTON NAMED CFL TOP PERFORMERS FOR WEEK 19
- Stamps sign Dexter McCoil to practice roster
- The Weekly Say: Should the Bombers start Collaros?
- Harris Ready To Return To Action
- BEGELTON HONOURED AGAIN BY CFL
- Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers 10/25/19
- Saskatchewan Roughriders sign Cody Fajardo to two-year contract extension
- Eskimos quarterback Harris back in the saddle for home stretch
- Quarterback Cody Fajardo signs contract extension with Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Playoff Scenarios: Stamps can clinch home playoff game
- Ticats taking it slow with receiver Luke Tasker because they can
- Mitchell, Stamps not taking anything for granted down the stretch
- CFL TV viewers voted: #UnwatchaBowl really was unwatchable
- BOMBSHELLS: Will McGuire be next man up if Streveler can't go in rematch with Stampeders?
- Bombers are now Grey Cup long shots after loss in Calgary and O'Shea's on the hot seat
- MAJOR PROBLEM: These Redblacks can't score touchdowns
- Calgary Stampeders down Blue Winnipeg Bombers in divisional battle
- Banks powers Tiger-Cats to record 13th win with defeat of Redblacks
- Tiger-Cats defeat Redblacks to register club-record 13th victory
- TICATS SET FRANCHISE RECORD FOR MOST WINS IN ONE SEASON WITH 13
- Irresponsibility rears head in Bombers' loss to Stampeders (& eight other thoughts)
- Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders outlast Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Bombers battle hard but can't find way to upend Stampeders in Calgary shootout
- Bombers' O'Shea sticks to word and uses McGuire over Collaros after Streveler goes down