Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
The Calgary Stampeders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers meet Thursday in CFL action at IG Field.
The Calgary Stampeders look to stay hot after winning five of their last six games. The Calgary Stampeders have won two of their last three road games. Bo Levi Mitchell is completing 63 percent of his passes for 527 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Levi Mitchell and Nick Arbuckle have combined for 1,900 passing yards and nine touchdowns this season. Reggie Begelton and Eric Rogers have combined for 821 receiving yards and six touchdowns while Markeith Ambles has 31 receptions. The Calgary Stampeders ground game is averaging 70.3 yards per contest, and Ka'Deem Carey leads the way with 204 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, Calgary is allowing 22 points and 341.9 yards per game. Cory Greenwood leads the Calgary Stampeders with 49 tackles, Cordarro Law has six sacks and Tre Roberson has five interceptions.
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers need a victory here after losing their last two games. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have won all three home games this season. Matt Nichols is completing 69.4 percent of his passes for 1,580 yards, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions. Nichols has two or more touchdown passes in six of his last 12 games. Lucky Whitehead and Andrew Harris have combined for 575 receiving yards and five touchdowns while Darvin Adams has 20 receptions. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers ground game is averaging 140.3 yards per contest, and Harris leads the way with 646 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, Winnipeg is allowing 18.7 points and 337.7 yards per game. Chandler Fenner leads the Winnipeg Blue Bombers with 36 tackles, Willie Jefferson has four sacks and Winston Rose has five interceptions.
The Stampeders are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games, 23-7-1 ATS in their last 31 games in August and 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Blue Bombers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games, 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games in August and 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games overall. The Stampeders are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings in Winnipeg and the under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. The under is 5-1 in Blue Bombers last 6 home games. The under is 5-0 in Stampeders last 5 games overall.
Right when you're ready to say the Calgary Stampeders are the same team from past years, they win five of their last six and have a defense that's getting better and better. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers just lost outright last week to Toronto despite being 14-point favorites, and they've had issues stopping the run as of late. Calgary has won eight of the last 10 meetings against Winnipeg, and while I'm still very high on the Blue Bombers and they've been a different team at home, it's tough to turn down this many free points given how things have played out the last two weeks.
More on this: 13 stories
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Montreal Alouettes CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
- CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa Redblacks CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 6 Odds, Preview and Picks
- BC Lions vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 2 Odds, Predictions & Picks