CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
The Canadian Football League heads into Week 9 with no team having yet established dominance. Calgary, Hamilton, and Winnipeg are at 5-2. On Thursday, the Stampeders battle the Blue Bombers in a major game. Hamilton gets to take on B.C.
Check out the latest CFL odds for Week 9, the analysis, and picks for all four gridiron battles!
CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
Thursday, August 8
Calgary Stampeders vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The trends point to a tough battle on August 8. Calgary is 4-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games. Winnipeg is 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games overall and 6-0 ATS in their last 6 at home.
Calgary is only 2-5 ATS this season. They head into this matchup off an against the spread victory. Winnipeg has gone 0-2 ATS in their last couple of games. Too many points are being awarded the defending champs here. Calgary is a must-play unless the odds dip to +7 or less.
CFL Betting Pick: Calgary Stampeders
Friday, August 9
Saskatchewan Rough Riders vs Montreal Alouettes
Crazy to think that Montreal was so awful last season! The Alouettes have a 3-3 SU record. They’re 4-2 ATS this season. Saskatchewan is slightly better with a 4-3 SU record and a 5-2 ATS record.
The Roughriders are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games. The Alouettes are 9-2 ATS in their last 11. However, as well as Montreal has played, they allow more points on defense, 26.8, than they score on offense, 25.7. Not only that, but Saskatchewan has gone 3-0 SU and ATS in their last 3. Their last game was a win over tough Hamilton. The Rough Riders should cover.
CFL Betting Pick: Saskatchewan Rough Riders
Ottawa Redblacks vs Edmonton Eskimos
Ottawa has been a disappointment this season with a 3-4 SU and ATS record. The Redblacks take on Edmonton on Friday in what should be a closer game than the spread indicates.
The Eskimos are a top CFL squad. They’re not that successful against the spread, going 3-4 ATS on the season. Although Ottawa has underperformed, they’re still a talented bunch. They should keep this close.
CFL Betting Pick: Ottawa Redblacks
Saturday, August 10
B.C. Lions vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Hamilton should get back on the winning track on Saturday. They battle the 1-6 straight up B.C. Lions. The Lions have no real chance of beating Hamilton SU, but can they cover? The trends say “no”.
British Columbia is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 road games. They’re also 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight-up loss, and 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS loss. The spread is massive. Hamilton should still get the win against it.
CFL Betting Pick: Hamilton Tiger-Cats
More on this: 13 stories
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Montreal Alouettes CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa Redblacks CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 6 Odds, Preview and Picks
- BC Lions vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 2 Odds, Predictions & Picks