Calgary Stampeders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
The Toronto Argonauts and Calgary Stampeders meet Thursday in CFL action at McMahon Stadium.
The Toronto Argonauts are still looking for their first victory after a slow 0-4 start to the season. The Toronto Argonauts haven’t won a road game since November of 2017. James Franklin is completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 435 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions. Franklin and McLeod Bethel-Thompson have combined for 1,251 passing yards and six touchdowns this season. Derel Walker and Armanti Edwards have combined for 603 receiving yards and four touchdowns while Llevi Noel has 21 receptions. The Toronto Argonauts ground game is averaging 53.8 yards per contest, and James Wilder Jr. leads the way with 117 yards and on 27 carries. Defensively, Toronto is allowing 40.5 points and 498 yards per game. Ian Wild leads the Toronto Argonauts with 26 tackles, Cleyon Laing has two sacks and Abdul Kanneh has one interception.
The Calgary Stampeders need a feel good victory to get a game above a .500 record. The Calgary Stampeders have won seven of their last 10 home games. Bo Levi Mitchell is completing 63 percent of his passes for 527 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Levi Mitchell and Nick Arbuckle have combined for 1,250 passing yards and six touchdowns this season. Reggie Begelton and Eric Rogers have combined for 534 receiving yards and five touchdowns while Markeith Ambles has 18 receptions. The Calgary Stampeders ground game is averaging 57.2 yards per contest, and Terry Williams leads the way with 82 yards on 11 carries. Defensively, Calgary is allowing 26 points and 338.5 yards per game. Cory Greenwood leads the Calgary Stampeders with 28 tackles, Cordarro Law has four sacks and Tre Roberson has five interceptions.
The Argonauts are 6-20 ATS in their last 26 road games, 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in July and 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall. The Stampeders are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 Thursday games, 2-5 ATS vs. a team with a losing record and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in July. The Argonauts are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 meetings and the under is 9-3 in the last 12 meetings in Calgary. The under is 6-2 in Stampeders last 8 games overall. The over is 6-2 in Argonauts last 8 Thursday games.
The Calgary Stampeders don't look anywhere close to the team they've been the last few years, but I'm not sure how anybody can back these Toronto Argonauts with any confidence. The Argonauts are at the bottom in every major stat on both sides of the ball and are losing by an average of 25.7 points on the season. I'm not trying to make a habit of backing the Calgary Stampeders until they improve greatly, but I have no choice here. Backing the Argonauts isn't an option for me in their current form.
More on this: 15 stories
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Ottawa Redblacks CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 11 Odds, Preview and Picks
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Montreal Alouettes CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
- CFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Picks
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Calgary Stampeders vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa Redblacks CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Ottawa Redblacks vs. Calgary Stampeders CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 6 Odds, Preview and Picks
- BC Lions vs. Edmonton Eskimos CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Toronto Argonauts CFL Pick, Odds, Prediction
- CFL Week 2 Odds, Predictions & Picks