Red Deer Roundup: A marriage, autographed bumpers, Dio and … oh yeah, CFL football
I think it’s fair to say that the biggest news this week came from my personal life. I signed a lifetime contract that would keep my lucky ass with this wonderful lady forever:
You should have seen the look my dad and brother had when *their* last name appeared on an *Eskimos* jersey of all things. Let’s hope our future children side with the right shade of green!
Now for CFL news:
• The schedule is out! A more detailed breakdown of the sched was posted to CFLpass earlier today, so check that out here.
• The Bombers have parted ways with Paris Cotton, Greg Peach and Zach Anderson. It’s too bad these players weren’t released before free agency to allow them maximum time to find another gig. Meanwhile, they’ve inked offensive lineman Jermarcus Hardrick to a deal.
• Aaron Grymes won’t be back in Green & Gold or in the CFL at all next season: He has signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.
• Henoc Muamba will not be with Montreal next season – kind of surprising considering the effort made to get him signed last year.
• Don Oramasionwu has signed on for his sixth season in Edmonton while defensive back Neil King signs in Edmonton for his first.
• This Rider fan has his vehicle’s *bumper* signed by Shawn Lemon. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain…
• I’m listening to a live Ronnie James Dio vinyl record as I write this. Dio was the man.
• Argos ticket sales are going good!
• Trevor Hardy makes the CFL Schedule. I do not envy that man.
• New Mosaic Stadium is starting to look like a football stadium:
Until next week...
– written by Travis Currah