2 and Out CFL Podcast ep. 14 covers Grey Cup locales, Fantaseh football, incipient Roughriders surge
Episode 14 of the 2 and Out CFL podcast, hosted by CFLpass lead writer Travis Currah and Saskatoon-based sports journo John Fraser is now available online.
After taking a bye week for episode 13 of the ‘cast, Fraser returns in fine form this week, as the guys discuss a multiplicity of topics beginning with, oddly enough, lots of stuff about financial situations and venues. On the agenda this week:
• With the Winnipeg Blue Bombers looking extremely unlikely to be playing in the Grey Cup mixed with late-November Winnipeg weather, will attendance for the championship game suffer?
• Speaking of the Grey Cup, Fraser imparts some info from qualified sources about the 2017 Grey Cup venue which will not be spoiled here (listen to the podcast!), but where might the game be played in ’16?
• Thanks to the announcement that the Toronto Argonauts could be ejected from Rogers Centre due to conflicts with Blue Jays playoff baseball, Currah reckons CFL fans should be cheering for the New York Yankees (and possibly the Anaheim Angels). He’s kidding. Well, he’s probably kidding. Maybe.
• The guys also naturally talk some Tom Higgins firing, some Josh Gordon (non-)rumour and some Twitter warrior Jasper Simmons and the “no-name” Toronto offence, but topics on conversation return to the Saskatchewan Roughriders once or twice. 2 And Out gives a consensus opinion that the Riders are (finally) set to go on a bit of run beginning with this week’s win-or-surrender-the-season game at Ottawa, but would you believe one of these two thinks the Green-and-White can still make the playoffs?
• Also, should Saskatchewan stay the course with Brett Smith or will Kevin Glenn be rehanded the starter’s job at QB?
• Props to Currah for dropping the CFL Stat of the Week (all apologies to Argonotes, who had held this title) and this one I will spoil: Ottawa has not won a game this season outside of the Eastern Time Zone. Whoa.
• As listeners of the podcast know, much time is devoted to dispensing advice for Fantaseh football, a game in which the guys self-describedly “suck,” but only “because we give such great advice that everyone else beats us to it. That’s clearly it.”
For all this and more, including a plea for an intern (again, not sure if kidding…), check out the 2 And Out CFL Podcast by clicking here or on the banner directly below. Cheers!
– written by Os Davis