Fantaseh Football: Things to know, players to consider
Are you ready for your Fantaseh football draft? With the final cuts made across the CFL, a lot of depth chart situations are a lot clearer as the fantasy season gets underway. CFLpass takes a brief look at a handful of players to consider when you’re on the clock as virtual GM.
The Alouettes have officially released Brandon Whitaker and Geoff Tisdale. #CFL— Didier Orméjuste (@DidierRDS) June 21, 2015
• The man that must be drafted, as far as Montreal Alouettes running backs go, is Tyrell Sutton: 500 yards on 96 carries last season tells that story.
Matt Nichols is the backup QB. Chad Simpson wins the RB job out of training camp. #Eskimos— Dave Campbell (@Dave_CHED) June 21, 2015
• Chad Simpson’s leash with the Edmonton Eskimos may be short, but carries are valuable however you can get them.
• Additionally, taking up Shakir Bell as a handcuff for Simpson might be a good idea.
Lulay with a some nice completions to Austin Collie already. Could be a good partnership.— Eric MacKenzie (@EricMacKenzie) June 20, 2015
• Austin Collie may be a great sleeper pick late in drafts. Collie, returning to professional football with the BC Lions after concussion problems in the NFL, had 1,908 receiving yards over five seasons south of the border. Oh, and he has a Canadian passport.
• Watch out for Chris Williams, since return stats now count towards your Fantaseh team’s scoring in standard leagues. [Geez, talk about new rules… --Ed.]
• This also makes Brandon Banks *very* valuable.
That throw right there says Darian Durant is just fine. Lots of zip on that ball. #CFL— Scott Mitchell (@SUNMitchell) June 20, 2015
• Saskatchewan Roughriders QB Darian Durant is healthy. After missing the last half of the 2014 season, Rider Nation and Fantaseh football players alike have been treading carefully with Durant. CFLpass may happily report that he’s just fine and the elbow looks better than ever.
– written by Travis Currah